Inmate Telephone Services
This page provides information about inmate telephone services at the Chilton County Jail. It is also a resource for family and friends who wish to receive or block phone calls from inmates.
Rejecting or Blocking Calls from inmates.
If you receive a call from an inmate you will be given the option of accepting the call, hanging up, or blocking all calls from any inmate in the Chilton County Jail. Simply follow the phone prompts during the call.
Please remember that the Chilton County Jail does not administer the Securus phone system. If you have any questions about the service or issues concerning phone number blocking, you must contact Securus Customer Services at 1 (800) 844-6591 or at www.securustech.net.
Inmate Access to Telephones
Inmates use telephones that are located throughout the jail housing units to place outgoing calls. Each housing unit has specific rules concerning the locations of telephones, hours of use, and the length of calls allowed. The basic rules are :
- Inmates have access to telephones during the day time, except during meals.
- Inmates cannot receive telephone calls.
- Jail staff will not relay messages.
- Inmates may place normal collect calls (subject to fees by your phone service provider).
- Inmates are not allowed to make non-typical collect calls, 3-way calls, or unwanted calls.
- Phone calls, except for those made to the inmate’s attorney are recorded.
- TTY services for the hearing impaired are available upon request.